IVC Evidensia UK
Permanent, Full time
Posted on 20/05/2021
Accounts Payable Team Leader
Fixed term contract 12 months x2
Salary: £ 23,814 p/a
Location: Central Support in Keynsham & Remote working
About IVC Evidensia...
IVC Evidensia is proud to be Europe's leading veterinary care provider based in 12 different countries; UK, Sweden, Netherlands, Germany, Finland, Denmark, Norway, Ireland, Belgium, France, Switzerland, and Spain. IVC Evidensia has revenues of over £1.3bn and over 1600 veterinary surgeries. IVC Evidensia operates a high growth model, looking to acquire 300 sites per annum across all countries.
About the role...
As part of a new project, we have some fantastic opportunities for the role of Accounts Payable Team Leaders. We have both 12 month contracts and permanent positions available. Whilst we are recruiting for Fixed Term Contracts- the team has expanded considerably, and the business has experienced continued success in the pandemic.
These are broad Accounts Payable roles, including processing invoices, generating payment proposals and reviewing and maintaining supplier ledgers, using supplier statement reconciliations to support wherever possible. The job holders will be fundamental in supporting the company's group strategy of Acquire, Build and Create. Accurate and timely payment of suppliers is vital to ensure the continued provision of goods and services, the integrity and reputation of the business and the management of working capital, as well as creating and maintaining strong and trusting relationships within the business, to support delivery of our strategy.
The roles will sit in the newly created AP team in MLE, part of the wider finance team managing the accounts for our Mainland European clinics. The role will report to the relevant Accounts Payable Manager. Overall, the Team Leaders will be accountable for the accuracy and timeliness of the invoice postings and maintaining a high standard of ledger management, to SLA for their area, as well as ensuring suppler payment requests are accurate and made on time.There are complexities associated with managing Accounts Payable ledgers for non-UK entities relating to VAT, payment terms, language, and culture, all of which need to be considered region by region. Strong relationships with the in-country teams will need to be developed, maintaining the high levels of service delivery expected.
- Receiving, coding, and posting of purchase invoices with a high degree of accuracy, minimising errors
- Processing invoices in the required time frame - urgent invoices processed within 24 hours and non-urgent within 3 days
- Processing of payment proposals
- Liaise with in country IVC Evidensia team members for query resolution
- Review and management of ledgers to ensure SLAs are adhered to
- Setting up new suppliers accurately onto the finance system to ensure they are correctly setup for VAT, GL coding, ledger owner, banking, and remittance information and in the correct entity (supplier master data)
- Externally there may be a requirement to liaise with suppliers if there are queries on supplier accounts.
- Ensuring correct addressing on invoices, challenging suppliers to correct
- Clearing all batches and eBIS queues by the end of each day
- Completing all allocated statement reconciliations monthly by WD5.
- Production of weekly unreconciled workflow reporting
- Ledger reviews with line management
- Line management responsibilities of a maximum of 4 Processing Clerks
- Completion of line management tasks for your team - training and development, probation reviews, annual appraisals, regular 1-1s
- Weekly review with team members of their processing figures to ensure they are on track with their targets, and tackling any issues raised.
- Training of new staff members to ensure they have the necessary skills and knowledge to complete their work.
- Ensuring all tasks for which you are responsible are completed to a high standard, and the teams SLA is always adhered to.
- Support other team members (cover for sickness/holiday)
- Help create and promote a positive and supportive environment within the team
- Any other tasks as directed by your line manager
The successful candidates will need to develop strong working relationships with the in-country teams and the wider local finance team. The role holders will have a line manager to support and advise on any complexities that arise.
What are we looking for?
The successful candidates ideally will be studying towards a professional financial qualification and have excellent IT skills including experience in using Microsoft Excel, and work with multiple IT systems simultaneously.
You will be clear and confident in your communication skills, as well as have the ability to work quickly and independently to ensure high volumes of invoices are processed. You will need to have good attention to detail and able to work to a high degree of accuracy, with a proven ability to meet deadlines. We are looking someone who has a flexible approach to work, with a strong team ethic and has a proven ability to meet deadlines.
You will be a strong team player and ethic, a flexible approach to work and be able to adapt to the work. Previous experience in a similar role is also essential. Language skills would be desirable as would experience of OA.
We're proud of the diversity of the people within our business and do our utmost to ensure every member of the group feels happy and comfortable in their place of work. True to our values, we care about our employees and genuinely want our teams to have the best experience at work possible. With this in mind, here is what you can expect to receive in terms of benefits, whilst working for IVC Evidensia.
You will get 25 days holiday and your birthday off each year, your annual leave will also increase with length of service. You will work with friendly teams and a great office environment that allows us to bring our dogs to work. What's more you'll also benefit from supportive wellbeing programmes and a discount portal. There are more benefits - to explore these, please visit: https://ivcevidensia.co.uk/our-culture
How to apply: To apply for this role, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 3rd June 2021
Please do not delay in submitting your application for this role. With some roles that are urgent or receiving high volume of applicants, we may interview and conclude the process prior to the closing date of the advertisement.
Initially the post will be remote based. Our long-term vision is that once things get back to (the new) normal, we will embrace a hybrid way of working. Therefore once circumstances allow, this role will be a weekly blend of working at our Central Support Office in Keynsham and remote working.