Our client is a highly established, leading global firm. By turning their insight, technology, and talent into ground-breaking solutions, they have earned a place at the forefront of their industry. The company prides themselves on being ambitious, driven, and open to fresh perspectives. They find innovative new ways to deliver their services and maintain their reputation for excellence, in all that they do. With a collaborative working culture, flexibility, and a commitment to your progress, this global company offers rewarding careers. By joining their global team, you are supported by industry experts from around the world.
The successful Anti-Money Laundering Assistant will work diligently to process requests from partners and clients, accepting new legal matters by performing anti-money laundering checks, sanctions and background checks on new clients, as well as performing conflict checks within the internal database on each new matter for both new and existing clients. This highly important role will require the successful candidate to work with clients, senior partners/lawyers and other third parties to facilitate resolution of business conflict issues in a consultative and diplomatic manner while ensuring the integrity and safety of files and filling system security.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide support to the Anti-Money Laundering Regulation Offer
- Respond to requests from regulators globally about anti-money laundering and compliance
- Assess and compile information requested working cross-functionally with other Senior Managers such as the Global Head of Regulation and Conduct, to determine and prepare appropriate responses to requests.
- Maintain a database of response to increase efficiency and consistency of responses
- Implement all recommendations arising from audits on both a jurisdiction specific and a global basis to increase global firm compliance.
- Remain knowledgeable on the current Anti-Money Laundering Directive and insure current and future legislation (globally) is implemented and that company policy and procedure is always compatible.
- Working collaboratively with the Global Head of Regulation & Conduct, Head of Financial Crime & Sanctions, the Anti-Money Laundering Regulation Officer and other members of the Risk and Compliance team to identify risk and develop policies and procedures to eliminate such risks in accordance with all current legislation
- Degree qualification (minimum 2:2) in a Law or Business subject area
- Experience of working in a law firm, risk and compliance setting or a financial services environment is essential and experience in relation to Anti-Money Laundering is preferred
- Demonstratable analytical and decision-making skills are essential.
- Exceptional attention to detail with an ability to work accurately under pressure and while managing conflicting deadlines at speed.
For further information, and to apply for this Anti-Money Laundering Assistant job, please contact Mairead McConnell. Visit our website for a full list of Legal and Business Support opportunities.
Expert, confidential recruitment advice
We reserve the right to heighten short listing criteria dependent upon the calibre of response.