Climate17 are delighted to be supporting our Client who are a multi-national professional services company who consult on programme, cost and project management within the property, infrastructure and natural resources sector.
They currently need a proactive and enthusiastic Associate Director - with a bias in the energy efficiency sphere and the specialism in the non - domestic sector a particular skill set sought after. The successful professional will be developing an offer for the commercial and private sector whilst also supporting existing activities in the public sector.
This position offers an exciting opportunity to work with high-profile clients from various sectors, whilst developing and delivering a broad range of net zero carbon, energy efficiency and renewables services in the non-domestic sector.
- The successful candidate will be the consultancy lead for non-domestic energy efficiency in the Sustainability team, providing specialist expertise to help clients reduce energy use and carbon emissions in buildings
- Energy efficiency consultancy - including through audits and technical advice and also developing net zero strategies, whole building or estate retrofit strategies for medium and large commercial clients
- Leading & managing project teams
- Ensuring that client requirements are effectively identified, scoped and delivered to high quality standards
- Lead business growth by responding to open tenders, managing bid responses, seeking business opportunities and building strong internal & external client relationships
- Develop and deliver a consultancy offer for the private/commercial sector
- Build a team to deliver services effectively, achieve commercial targets and develop technical capabilities
- Input to the strategic direction and operational management of the Sustainability team as member of the management team
- Support Key Account Managers & sector leads to ensure that Sustainability is included in any business development opportunities
- Be the consultancy lead for the non-domestic energy efficiency and renewables services within the Sustainability team, covering the private and public sector
- Developing and growing our offer and services for the private/commercial sector
- Develop, grow, lead and manage a team of consultants
- Support clients to develop and deliver Energy Efficiency/Net Zero strategies across projects and programmes throughout the asset lifecycle, including scoping, business case, procurement, contract management/troubleshooting, monitoring & verification
- Develop internal stakeholder relationships with infrastructure, real estate and natural resources sectors, liaising with Key Account Managers and Sector Leads to support work winning
- Significant experience of delivering energy efficiency consultancy support for clients is essential, including the areas of energy and carbon (Net Zero Emissions), and energy efficiency ideally in the non-domestic sector (public sector and/or commercial sector)
- Experience of working in Real Estate and/or manufacturing/industrial sectors, in particular for retrofit
- Strong understanding of the commercial sector operation and challenges when it comes to reducing carbon emissions from their estate
- Good working knowledge of relevant environmental legislation and climate and sustainability issues
- Familiarity with Energy Performance Contract, tendering and contract management
- Experience of working in multi-disciplinary teams and matrix management organisations on major projects and programmes
- Excellent communication including writing and presentation skills - including ability to communicate with clients and other key stakeholders on global, national and regional issues
- Able to build strong, professional client relationships and proactively identifies and resolves client's issues
- Experience of people management, line-management of a team of different grades, including talent's development plans, recruitment and growing a successful team
- Confident leading and working alone or as part of a team, with ability to adapt as required
- Attention to detail in service delivery, communications and ways of working with others
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant subject
- Professionally qualified member of a recognised institution, e.g. IEMA / CIBSE/ Chartered Environmentalist or similar
Climate17 are recruitment specialists across Energy & Environmental markets. Our extensive experience, expert market knowledge and passion for what we do stand us apart.