Gi Group are currently looking for Baggage Handlers to work at Portsmouth Ports. This is an exciting time for the Ports with lockdown lifting and cruises around the UK starting.
We are looking for Baggage Handlers to work on an ad hoc basis at present. Although there was be luggage trolleys provided, some heavy lifting may still be required.
The ideal candidate will be confident in the following;
- Communicating effectively
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Well presented and willing to abide by the dress code (below)
What we require from you ;
- Be able to supply 2 years worth of work history and references
- Happy to participate in random drug and alcohol tests
- Ability to provide Right to Work Documents along with 2 proofs of address
- Hold at least one form of photo ID (passport, driving licence etc)
- Pale blue shirt with black tie and black trousers - ( to be supplied by candidate )
- Safety Boots - ( own preferable, however these can be supplied if necessary )
Mon - Fri £8.91 ph
Weekends and bank holidays £9.25 ph
These roles initially will be 4 hour shift, as and when needed whilst cruise ships are running at half capacity to ensure COVID restrictions are met, but once back to full capacity shifts can be across a 24 hour, 7 day week.
If you are interested in this role please submit your CV for review