Commercial Manager, Permanent, South West
We are recruiting on behalf of our Client who are now looking to grow and develop their existing team and are actively seeking dynamic Commercial Manager to work on the HPC project.
The Commercial Manager is responsible for the financial management of projects, negotiating and agreeing contracts, reporting and provide analysis of projects and programmes using available data from cost, scheduling/planning and risk and opportunities for internal and client projects.
The purpose of the job is to be responsible for managing and controlling the progress of contracts required to deliver projects or programmes using appropriate tools to analyse the performance of the contract and the project/programme. The Commercial Manager should report the performance of the contract to senior members of the team and communicate effectively with stakeholders responsible for delivering the plan to ensure that it is representative of current progress. The role may require the development of control and operating policies that could impact the success of the project/programme. This role requires significant customer interface and therefore requirement excellent communication skills.
Key Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of the Procurement, Purchasing, Logistics, Expediting, Inspection, Quality team your responsibilities are to:
* Negotiate contracts for the successful delivery of projects and programmes
* Resolve contractual and commercial issues effecting the delivery of contracts
* Ensure that stakeholders understand the contractual obligations put in place on the project/programme
* Management of the financial aspects of a contract
* Manage the change control as the project/programme scope changes, using the correct processes and updating the necessary configuration documentation.
* Understand the tools assess project performance and quality against the baseline schedule.
* Understand risk and opportunities and integrate the cost of these strategies effectively into the delivery of the project/programme
* Understand project control methodologies and processes for programme and project management
* Produce of monthly reports
* Maintain an understanding of all current codes of practice
Qualifications and Profession Accreditations
The Commercial Manager must have, or be working towards the following:
* Minimum of HND in Management, Economics, Engineering, Construction, Quantity Surveying or other Related Subject
* Degree in Business Studies, Commercial Management, Economics or other related field
* Commercial Management qualifications e.g. via ICM, CCM
* Chartership status through a recognised international body, e.g. ICM
Preferably Member of RICS/CICES/IOB
Knowledge of the below are desirable:
* French - written and verbal
* Nuclear Safety Culture
* The UK Nuclear Industry
Necessary Proven Experience and Knowledge
You will have or be looking to develop:
* Experience in working with NEC3 and FIDIC contracts
* Experience in procurement, contract performance measurement, risk, change and claim management.
* Experience of projects in high hazard industries including Nuclear, Energy, Rail, Oil & Gas and Aviation
* Experience in major (£50m+) projects