Control Centre Operative | London Cycle Hire Scheme
Location: Penton Street Depot, London, N1 9PT
Salary: £25,600 per annum
Hours: 40 per week on a 24/7 shift rota pattern
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our fantastic team at Serco Citizen Services who are recruiting for a Control Centre Operative to work for the London Cycle Hire Scheme on a permanent basis.
London's public bike sharing scheme is available 24/7, 365 days a year. There are more than 11,000 bikes and over 700 bike docking stations across London to help you get around quickly and easily.
The scheme recently expanded to Brixton so now you can saddle up anywhere from Shepherds Bush to Canary Wharf and Brixton to Camden Town.
Overview of the role
As the successful candidate you will work in the Control Centre team which manages operational tasks of the London Cycle Hire Scheme (Santander Cycles).
You will manage a strict PI regime and deliver operational excellence to our client – Transport for London.
You will work in a vibrant and dedicated team on the front line of one of the world’s most used and popular Cycle Hire Schemes.
- To manage the day to day activity of London Cycle Hire Scheme’s Drivers and Mobile Operatives.
- To analyse the scheme’s operational performance and prioritise and plan tasks according to the Key Performance Indicators, Operational plans and Transport for London requirements.
- To act as the first line of support for all events and incidents that occur throughout the London Cycle Hire Scheme. To effectively and proactively manage and if necessary escalate incidents to conclusion.
- To operate the scheme’s core technologies. Including but not limited to; logistical distribution tools, incident management software and health and security logs. In order to deliver both planned and reactive maintenance.
- To proactively manage the redistribution of 11,000+ bicycles around London to balance over 700 docking stations in order to satisfy customer demand for bicycles and docking point availability.
- To support the Control Centre Team Leaders and Operational Managers in the successful delivery and driving continuous improvement of London Cycle Hire.
- To aid the Control Room and wider management team in the reporting of all performance concerns across the contract.
- To ensure that all operational processes are carried out and maintained. To also work towards the continuous improvement of these processes.
- To liaise with various levels of the business to accomplish tasks within client and Serco requirements.
- To liaise professionally and efficiently with external service providers to ensure scheme continuity.
- Schedule planned events, record results and monitor Incident Management Systems to ensure that all data is captured and checked for accuracy.
- Be responsible for and report matters of health and safety, with respect to yourself and others.
- Abide by all company policies and procedures.
- Assist in training of Control Centre and other trades’ teams as required.
- Demonstrate exemplary behaviour at all times, in line with our Governing Principles.
- Commitment to the promotion and education of equality and diversity goals throughout the LCHS contract.
- Understanding of duty to report breaches of security and fraud and commitment to reduce crime, vandalism, abuse on any Serco/LCHS equipment.
- Complete all other duties, as directed by the Control Centre Management Team.
Qualifications, Training or Experience Required
- Previous experience working in the customer service environment with ability to build effective relationships.
- Good knowledge and experience of health and safety with strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Able to plan, organise and schedule tasks effectively in very dynamic and constantly changing working environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as strong working knowledge of the Microsoft Office package.
- Interest in the promotion and maintenance of Cycling in London.
- Experience working in a team.
- Knowledge of scheduling and fault management systems.
- Experience working in a transport environment.
Competencies & Specific Requirements
- Excellent communication skills, in both verbal and written format.
- Highly effective interpersonal skills, with the ability to apply these formally and informally in a variety of situations, to build effective relationships.
- Strong analytical and problem resolution skills.
- Ability to plan, organise and schedule tasks effectively.
- Ability to adapt to a dynamic working environment.
- Must pass random drug & alcohol testing.
- Must pass a Criminal Reference Bureau Check.
- The Control Centre functions 24 hours a day and you will be required to work to a shift rota pattern.
The Control Centre functions 24 hours a day and you will be required to work to a shift rota pattern.
Meaningful and vital work: The nature of our business means you will do interesting work that matters – delivering essential services that touch people’s lives.
A world of opportunity: Our diverse UK-wide operations offer unrivalled opportunities to learn and develop. You’ll be able to broaden your experience and apply your skills in new ways.
Great people: We are a motivated team who will encourage you and help you to succeed. You’ll have the resources you need to do your job in a diverse and supportive environment.
What we offer
- Up to 6% contributory pension scheme
- Serco discounts which include cinema, merlin entertainment and online shopping discounts, cycle to work scheme and discounts on mobile phone plans and leisure centre memberships.
- Interesting, varied, and enjoyable work
- A company that recognises your contribution
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services. We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to complete your application. Occasionally we receive a large volume of applications for our roles and when that happens we sometimes bring the closing date forward, so please apply promptly to avoid disappointment.
We’re a Disability Confident employer and are committed to equal opportunities. If you have any additional queries, requirements or you need more time to apply, then please contact our recruitment team
Jobs you might also be interested in