Our people love the exciting and meaningfulwork they do, the cutting-edge resources and technology they have access to, the benefits we offer and the great community we’ve built. Want to join them?
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES IN THE BUSINESS:
As a Data Architect (Manager) in Kainos, you’ll be responsible for providing SME guidance in traditional data architecture disciplines around data structures, data flows, data sourcing and data governance. Data Architects work closely with clients to understand their data requirements and take responsibility for ensuring solutions are fit for purpose. They also provide technical leadership for the rest of the team in the area of data. Data Architects may also work at the solution or enterprise level - for example resolving data definition and mastering issues across complex stakeholder environments.
Most of our work comes through repeat business and direct referrals, which comes down to the quality of our people. The success of our data projects means that customers are bringing us an increasing number of exciting data projects using cutting-edge technology to solve real-world problems. We are seeking more high calibre people to join our Data & Analytics capability where you will grow and contribute to industry-leading technical expertise.
You will manage, coach and develop a a small number of staff, with a focus on managing employee performance and assisting in their career development. You’ll also provide direction and leadership for your team as you solve challenging problems together.
MINIMUM (ESSENTIAL) REQUIREMENTS:
• Strong technical design expertise in core data architecture disciplines including data modelling, data analysis, metadata management, data transformation, data migration and master data.
• Track record of providing technical leadership within data projects including assurance, mentoring and standards definition. Aware of best practice techniques and methodologies.
• Experience of product or technology selection, either for a project or at enterprise level.
• Excellent client engagement skills with both technical and non-technical stakeholders – able to provide thought leadership to clients and the wider industry and to inspire internal staff.
• Highly proficient in at least three mainstream data technologies and aware of wider data technology trends.
• A self-starter able to work with a high degree of uncertainty. We are passionate about developing people – a demonstrated ability in managing, coaching and developing junior members of your team and wider community.
• Competent in defining information handling models and capacity planning across heterogeneous data store technologies.
• Experience of establishing data governance processes
• Experience of architecting a data lake and solutions that reside within a data lake ecosystem
• Enterprise Data Architecture experience.
WHO YOU ARE:
Our vision is to enable outstanding people to create digital solutions that have a positive impact on people’s lives. Our values aren't abstract; they are the behaviours we expect from each other every day and underpin everything that we do. We expect everyone to display our values by being determined in how obstacles are overcome; honest when dealing with others; respectful of how you treat others; creative to find solutions to complex problems and cooperative by sharing information, knowledge and experience. These values, applied collectively, help to produce an outstanding Kainos person, team and culture.