My client, a respected well-established environmental consultancy that continues to see growth within its business is seeking an Ecology Consultant who has experience carrying out surveys including Great Crested Newts and Bats to join their highly skilled and supportive team, based in Bath.
The ideal candidate must be comfortable working in a fast-paced Consultancy and be able to work on numerous projects to assist the existing bespoke team.
* Undertaking a wide range of ecological surveys including protected species surveys and migration (GCN, Bat).
* Varied projects including projects for HS2 for both Public and Private Sector clients.
* Report writing and fee proposals.
* Designing effective species mitigation.
* Desk-based data searches, analysis, and evaluation of results.
* Effectively communicate and work with colleagues to forge long-term relationships with clients through clear communication.
* Office-based (1-2 days working from home).
* Hold an ecological degree in a relevant discipline (or related subject) or equivalent experience.
* 3-4 years minimum experience working for a UK-based environmental consultancy in ecological surveying within the UK (GCN, Bat amongst others).
* Licence in dormouse is desirable but not a requirement.
* Preparing reports to the highest of standards.
* Experienced in designing and implementing of mitigation works.
* Comfortable in liaising with clients and preparation/coordination of planned works.
* Happy working as part of a small business and all that entails (preparation of quotes).
* Ability to travel (own car) approximately 1hr from Bath, but occasionally further.