An 'Outstanding' Specialist School for pupils with Autism is seeking a Horticulture Teacher to join their team on a long term basis!
One of my Key Clients currently recruiting for a Horticulture teacher to join a specialist school that continues to be rated Outstanding by OFSTED. As a result of good teaching and robust assessment systems pupils are making good progress from their low starting points. The school is looking for someone to continue this good progress.
My client is looking to arrange interviews ASAP. However, the candidate will need to do a trial day before being asked to an interview. This position is a permanent role starting in September. The specialist school is based in Southall and is easily accessible via public transport. The school also has parking spaces that are available to all staff.
You will be required to:
- Deliver the highest level of education and experiences to ensure the best life chances become a sustainable reality for every young person (on an individual needs led basis).
- Lead Horticulture across the whole school (KS2-KS4)
- Create a safe, positive and structured environment in which every young person is respected and encouraged to achieve independence (through academic, employment and personal skills development).
- Promote both the school's aims positively, and use effective strategies to enhance motivation and morale.
- Embrace the changing landscape in specialist education and oversee the development and operational management of the school with the support of the UK's leading charity for autistic people.
- Create a distinctive culture and philosophy so that from the moment a person enters the building they will know this is a school where pupils are respected, achieve beyond what is expected, are empowered to make positive choices about their own lives and have rich and varied experiences.
To be considered for this role, you will need to be able to demonstrate strong leadership qualities (including those of innovation and vision), as well as demonstrating specialist ASD knowledge (through experience and practice).
The successful candidate must have:
Eligible to work in the UK
Positive and energetic manner
Enthusiastic about working with children
Full understanding of the English curriculum
This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional reference checks
Do you know other great teachers or support staff? Refer them to us and we will pay you £250 (subject to statutory deductions) for every person we place into employment and meets our terms and conditions. Simply click www.tltp.co.uk/refer to fill in a few details.