Longhurst Group is one of the leading housing groups in the Midlands and East of England, providing more than 23,000 homes and a wide range of care and support services, with a team of 1,300 colleagues.
Guided by our shared values, our vision is to improve the lives of our customers and communities, focusing on two clear themes of work: Health and wellbeing and economic resilience. You can see how we’ll achieve this vision through our Improving Lives strategy by watching this video.
To help us deliver this ambitious vision, we are now looking for a high performing and experienced individual to join our vital Income Recovery team.
Here at Longhurst Group we want to deliver excellent Housing Management Services for our customers. As part of our Income Recovery Team, we are looking for a person who can really ‘make a difference’ and, adopting our ‘firm but fair’ approach take on the following key responsibilities:
- Be part of a successful team, working collectively to reduce rent debt and ensure our customers put rent first, while balancing our responsibilities as a social landlord.
- Hold quality and in-depth telephone conversations with tenants in rent debt, fully establishing their financial circumstances, working through Income and Expenditures and establishing the reasons for non-payment.
- Use facts established, to decide upon a proportionate and appropriate approach toward each tenant.
- Give clear, and where necessary, firm messages regarding the importance of rent being prioritised.
- Gain a genuine payment proposal to clear rent debt in the shortest affordable period of time.
- Gain a genuine commitment to future good payment conduct.
Our ideal candidate will have experience in Debt Recovery and telephone-based work, preferably within Housing, although this is not essential.
As an Income Recovery Advisor with a strong customer service ethic, you must have an ability to demonstrate:
- Excellent negotiating skills.
- Ability to stay cool in challenging situations.
- Drive and organisational skills to manage your own caseload.
- Ability to communicate effectively with our tenants, primarily by telephone contact, but also via a range of written media.
- An understanding of debt recovery management.
- Good knowledge of welfare benefits.
Our offer has been created to underpin our two key pillars (health and wellbeing and economic resilience) and five core values: In it together, Heartfelt Service, Own it, Push the boundaries and Fun and Fair.
Demonstrating our strong investment in your health and wellbeing and economic resilience, we offer a competitive 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays and generous sick pay entitlements, as well as other paid leave.
A choice of defined benefit pension schemes, extensive learning and development opportunities, plus more. See Our Benefits attached.
If your application shows that you have the right knowledge, skills and that you share our values, we'll invite you to meet one of our team. We can’t wait to meet you…
(The important things – Naturally working with our customers we need to complete pre-employment checks before you join us. This role is conditional upon receipt of two satisfactory references (one from your current employer).
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK. All shortlisted candidates will need to verify eligibility to work in the UK at interview. Original proof must then be provided by day one upon successful candidature).
Longhurst Group is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applicants that reflects the diverse communities we work with. We invite applicants to contact the employer to identify any additional support they may need during the recruitment process
Apply today #LonghurstGroup #ImprovingLives.
Applications close on 20th June
Interview date 6th July. Remote interviews will be held via Microsoft Teams.