Job DescriptionDo you wish to take on a role with excellent opportunities for long term career progression?
If so, please read on…
About the division
The advisory and programme delivery division delivers services to projects ranging in scale and complexity from a few million pounds to £20bn through the technical disciplines of land advisory, programme management, project management, project controls, scheduling, cost management, estimating, infrastructure finance, management consulting, digital consulting, education and healthcare management. Our transportation portfolio is primarily a UK based business working in four key sectors of rail, highways, land and aviation. We deliver programme, project and commercial management services to clients in mainland Europe, Africa, Middle East, India and Australasia while supporting other parts of the transportation business across the globe.
What is our vision?
Our vision, with your help, is to deliver major transportation projects as part of a global business and to establish our wide-ranging consultancy as credible and preferred for our existing and new clients.
and supporting other parts of the transportation business across the globe. Our vision is to deliver major transportation projects as part of a global business and to establish our wide-ranging consultancy as ‘credible’ and ‘preferred’ for our existing and new clients.
Candidate SpecificationRequired criteria for the ideal Land Consultant:
• Geography Bachelors degree or in a relevant discipline or relevant experience
• Experience of delivering land services on major infrastructure schemes
• An understanding of statutory processes and procedures
• Evidence of starting to build a network
• Taking ownership of small workstreams/packages of work
• Good communication skills and able to liaise at all levels with both internal and external stakeholders
• Proven ability in prioritising a busy workload with challenging deadlines
• Full clean UK driving license and a willingness to travel
• Competent in Microsoft packages including MS word and Excel
• Highly motivated and conscientious
• Able to work to a high level of accuracy and attention to detail in tasks such as data capture and the production of documents
• Must be a good team worker and decision maker
Job ProfileWe can offer:
You’re probably wondering what else is on offer. Join us, and you’ll get:
• Training Plan and Support: receive the training you need. You will be assigned a chartered mentor, who will guide you to meet the objectives of your professional training agreement. We’ll support you on your journey towards gaining chartered status with the Institute of Consulting (IC).
• Biannual salary reviews: we believe that hard work should be rewarded and recognised. Therefore, for the start of your career with us, you’ll have biannual salary reviews.
• A competitive salary: In addition to biannual reviews, we will ensure that you’re given a salary that matches the current industry standard.
• Contributory pension: we have the best people on our team and we like to look out for them. We pension match up to 7% and will provide all the advice and options you need to be able to invest in your future.
• A flexible benefits scheme: our company is made up of a range of different people and we understand that different people want different things. That’s why with our flexible plan, you’ll have the ability to manage the range of benefits we have on offer, to suit your specific needs.
• A variety of subsidised sports and social activities: work isn’t just about work. We encourage a healthy work-life balance. Each of our offices have a dedicated and active sports and social team
• Competitive annual leave and the option to purchase additional annual leave
• An annual professional institution subscription
• Life insurance
• Enhanced parental leave
• Annual company performance bonus scheme – Subject to company performance
• Flexible benefits scheme to suit you, including cycle to work & Interest free season ticket loans etc.
A bit about the role
Whilst reporting directly to the experienced Land Advisory Senior Land Consultant, you’ll be delivering detailed, high quality land ownership information for our clients. You will gather this information by researching Land Registry records and Ordance Survey maps, searching databases, liaising with land owners and their agents. The focus of this exciting new role and opportunity is to support the team delivering on some of the UK’s biggest infrastructure programmes.