Manufacturing Technician II
Permanent - Full Time - Rotational Shifts
Responsible for ensuring that the daily requirements for the manufacture of cell culture media and reagents are met and that performance expectations are achieved on a constant basis.
What will you do?
Manufacture Cell Culture Media for use in the biotech industry that is scientific in nature by following established protocols and instructions. Operate semi-automated and automated equipment. Follow established protocols, instructions, scheduled tasks and activities independently.
- Perform in-process testing to ensure batches meet specification. With the assistance of others, trouble shoot processes, procedures and product issues.
- Balance multiple tasks and prioritize critical tasks.
- Demonstrate knowledge in the use of basic computer knowledge
- Demonstrate the ability to meet standards as defined by the manufacturing process.
- Follow established procedures as defined by training and SOPs. Seek advice from available resources at times of uncertainty.
- Demonstrate good time management resulting in efficiency.
- Support cost improvement initiatives by reducing failures and improving capacity.
- Work within Health and Safety guidelines.
- Perform tasks using IT equipment and packaging machinery.
- Must be able to work safely with chemicals and hazardous materials.
- Must be able to work overtime and flexible shifts.
Who we are looking for:
- Demonstrate a good work ethic and professional manner at all times.
- Exhibit a positive attitude
- Demonstrate a good eye for detail.
- Demonstrate good communication skills.
- Take initiative to suggest new procedures.
- Support Department objectives/metrics.
- Take responsibility and be accountable for actions.
- Help department achieve goals
- May be required to perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
- Previous experience of high throughput manufacturing environment.
- Individual must show a passion for this type of work and this industry
- Must be driven to continuously improve and fully engage in any initiatives that the team undertakes to make things better.
- Is required to lift up to 40 lbs.
- May be required to stand for long periods of time while performing duties.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them.
Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon.
With Thermo Fisher Scientific, it's not just a career. It's a chance to realise your best – professionally and personally.
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/84931602