Part of the EMEA team and reporting to both Marketing Manager and Customer Care Manager, we are recruiting a Marketing and Client Services Assistant (German speaking).
As Marketing Assistant you’ll assist to drive qualified traffic to Kaplan’s website and to build the brand within relevant communities in the region. You’ll be excited about working with an international team and will have a strong background in project management and proven experience in digital.
As Client Services Assistant you’ll be responsible for delivering an exceptional customer experience to our agents and direct customers in German speaking countries, which reflects Kaplan’s positioning as the ‘premium’ and ‘academic’ choice.
The post would ideally suit someone who can write to a high level in German, in language which is appropriate and engaging for our target audience of students, parents and professionals. The role would provide you with an excellent exposure to international marketing and customer care using a variety of tools.
Your responsibilities will include:
Marketing (approx. 50%)
· Assisting in the management of offline and online content including writing, translating and proofreading copy
· Seeding content and link building
· Supporting the implementation of SEO strategy
· Social media planning, research and execution
· Sourcing and securing sponsorship / blogger partnerships /influencers
· Arranging the effective distribution of marketing materials
· Supporting in organising and attending events such as exhibitions
· Supporting the marketing manager and other colleagues in the Europe Team
Client Services (approx. 50%)
· Manage customer data processes through Salesforce and other internal systems for our adults and young learners ensuring that all documents are sent promptly
· Keep in regular contact with students and agents to drive retention, cross-sell or upsell additional services and prevent cancellation
· Manage expectations and resolve issues and complaints quickly to the satisfaction of the agent/customer, escalating where needed to the relevant sales and/or line managers and aim for a resolution the first time around
· Confirm that the bookings and quotes from the sales team are correct, before exporting this into CLASS system and look for ways to upsell and maximise revenue from each booking
· Ensure students queries are responded to in a timely manner, the payment is collected and that students receive all relevant materials and documentation before the course start
· Support colleagues in the team with administrative tasks during a busy period and cover their work while they out on holiday or off sick.
To be successful in the role you’ll have the following:
· Bachelor’s degree or above (desirable)
· Exceptional customer service skills
· Fluency in English and German (both written and orally are a must)
· Awareness of culture in a German speaking country and in Europe
· Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks, to prioritize those tasks and meet deadlines
· Ability to work effectively on an individual basis and as a member of a team
· Keen interest in online trends, technology, social media, blogs, and travel
· Creative thinker who can contribute ideas. Passion in creating content
· Knowledge of HTML, website management (CMS), and mass email (CRM) (desirable)
· Highly energetic and self-motivated, self-aware, innovative and team worker
Salary and benefits
This is a full-time position, paying a yearly salary up to £22,000 + bonus based on performance. You will be fully supported in your role with on-going coaching and training from your colleagues and managers.
This role is open for candidates who have the right to work in the UK. Please apply with CV in English and covering letter in English and in German.
As part of our commitment to safeguarding, successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Applicants must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
About Kaplan International Languages.
Every year, (KIL) helps over 50,000 students from more than 150 countries to develop and improve their English language skills. With a network of schools spanning 6 countries, KIL has the largest presence of any international language school in the English-speaking world. Our schools are in vibrant, sought-after and convenient locations, providing our students with the right environment to achieve their goals. We offer a wide selection of courses from General English and exam courses through to 8-month intensive programs. Our recommendation rate currently stands at 96%.
As part of Kaplan Inc., KIL is proud to share in the Kaplan tradition of academic excellence, standing alongside other established education institutions like Kaplan Financial, Kaplan International Pathways, Kaplan Test Prep and Kaplan Professional. Kaplan Inc., which is owned by Graham Holdings, is one of the world’s largest providers of education and training. It has an 80-year history of expanding access to academic opportunity and global revenues of more than US$2 billion. We are proud to have recently welcomed ESL Education and Alpadia Language Schools into the Kaplan International Group.