£10.50ph+ Dependant on experience
Minimum 45 hours per week to include every Saturday
4 weekdays 7am-5pm & Saturday 7am-2.30pm
Increased rate paid for Saturday
About our opportunity:
As a Plant Fitter, you will use and build upon your solid foundation of knowledge and expertise of plant maintenance and repair. You will be supported with training and development along the way so that you can expand your skills and responsibilities further.
If you have any type of experience in working on/carrying out maintenance on varied plant machinery, heavy engineering equipment, pneumatic and hydraulic equipment, conveyor systems, shredders, motors, 3 phase system and power supply we want you to apply.
What you will be doing:
· Assessing, fault finding, and problem solving to ensure minimum downtime of fixed plant.
· Carrying out maintenance and servicing duties in outside conditions.
· Working on all aspects of plant during periods where breakdowns or maintenance does not occur.
· Working on a variety of bespoke fixed plant emanating from the coal and aggregates industry.
· Carrying out some burning, welding and grinding when required.
· Actively participating in our strong safety culture.
· Ensuring the company Health & Safety and environmental policies are strictly adhered to.
· Monitoring all visiting suppliers – including PPE compliance.
· Assisting Department management as required.
· Demonstrable experience in fitter role is essential.
· Mechanical, welding/fabrication and electrical skills/qualifications are essential
· Ability to operate safely and effectively in a large industrial environment.
· Adaptable to meet business priorities.
· Organised, safety conscious and motivated.
· Comfortable working outside.
· Availability to work Saturdays mornings.
Who we are?
European Metal Recycling is a global leader in sustainable materials with physical operations in the UK, USA, Germany and the Netherlands. Our core business is the recycling of metal and plastics from a range of public, commercial and industrial waste streams. Our recycling activities generate around 10 million tonnes of sustainable materials every year, saving over 10 million tonnes.
Our mission is to have great people serving our customers with dependable recycling solutions. EMR is still privately owned, with family values at its core. It’s a place where we care about our people, our customers, our workplace and our communities. We offer diverse and exciting career opportunities where individuals can make a difference and are recognised and rewarded for their hard work.
Find out more about us at
EMR Group and its subsidiaries are committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. We pride ourselves on being an equal opportunities employer, and value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.