At Priory we don’t just talk about putting employees first. We know that Priory wouldn’t exist without their combined energy, expertise and effort. So we invest heavily in training, provide first-class support, promote collaborative teamwork and give everyone on our team the opportunities and resources to achieve their full potential.
Priory Hospital Burgess Hill is located in beautiful West Sussex and offers the opportunity to gain experience across many specialist mental health disciplines including Secure Services, a DBT Locked Rehabilitation service, HDU Services and Acute care.
Are you a newly qualified Mental Health Nurse looking to develop your training with an excellent Preceptorship programme?
Priory Hospital Burgess Hill are currently seeking motivated and enthusiastic Registered Mental Health and Learning Disabilities Nurses to join the team!
Working as an RMN / RNLD you will be expected to:
• Be part of a large multi-disciplinary team providing safe and effective care for individuals with complex mental illness
• Observe / respond to patient behaviours on the ward, which may include self-harm and acts of aggression
• Contributing to patient assessments, compiling a plan of care alongside the individual, and monitoring patient progress
• Medication management
• Maintain the safety of patients and staff
• Ensure good quality of patient documentation which meets regulatory guidance and statutory requirements
• Work within the NMC Code of Conduct and practice guidelines
• At a more senior level, you’ll also need to lead shifts as well as mentoring and supporting student nurses and other members of the team
You will be supported to work within an identified career development pathway and will be supported with Peer Review, Clinical Supervision, mentorship and Appraisal.
What we need from you?
• Registered Mental Health Nursing qualification
• Good understanding of the Mental Health Act
• Registration with the NMC (RMN / RNLD / RMNH)
• Proven assessment and care planning experience
• Excellent organisation and communication skills
• Flexibility to work across the services within our site
• 25 days’ annual leave increasing to 30 days with length of service - plus 8 bank holidays.
• Golden Hello Welcome Bonus (£5000 spread over 3 years)**
• Relocation Allowance (please get in touch for more details)**
• Subsidised Professional Membership and Registration
• Career development through Staff Nurse grading system
• A Group Personal Pension Plan (GPPP)
• Life Assurance and healthcare cash plan
• Flexible benefits (including preferential rates and access to schemes such as gym membership and shopping discounts)
• Free meals and parking on site
Free DBS check
Refer a Friend scheme
**Terms and Conditions Apply**