What will you be doing?
• Analysing complex structures for personal and institutional customers
• Performing ad hoc reviews for prospective customers
• Providing guidance, support and education to the KYC Onboarding and Ongoing Review teams
• Assisting in the management of the enhanced due diligence requests
• Providing support in the management of high risk customer onboarding and ongoing review
• Stakeholder management and leadership
• Being responsible for team inbox management and workflow system updates
What we’re looking for:
• Extensive years of experience in Financial Services
• Prior experience in Compliance or Financial Crime in a large global financial institution or equivalent
• Good understanding of AML, Sanctions, governance and regulatory control frameworks and best practices
• Experience with Know Your Customer, Due Diligence, and Enhanced Due Diligence processes
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Flexibility and ability to operate in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to act resolutely and self-reliantly in situations requiring quick decision making
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent PC skills, especially Microsoft Excel
Where will you be working?
We’ve been in Scotland for 250 years, and Scotland’s significance to Barclays has never been as important as it is today. You can find the Aurora Building in Bothwell Street, a short walk from both Central and Queen Street Stations, and not far from Sauchiehall Street and Argyll Street, two of the city’s main shopping hubs. We’re committed to giving everyone the opportunity to thrive at Barclays, investing in our people, communities, and facilities – highlighted by our new state-of-the-art campus opening soon in the city centre.
More about working at Barclays
We deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability, for the common good and the long term.
Respect: We harness the power of diversity and inclusion in our business, trust those we work with, and value everyone's contribution.
Integrity: We operate with honesty, transparency and fairness in all we do.
Service: We act with empathy and humility, putting the people and businesses we serve at the centre of what we do.
Excellence: We champion innovation, and use our energy, expertise and resources to make a positive difference.
Stewardship: We prize sustainability, and are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.
Barclays offers a diverse, inclusive and engaged culture. A place where people can bring their whole selves to work and be respected for who they are, valued for what they do and celebrated for their contribution to our business and our community.
We are an equal opportunity employer and opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Dynamic Working is a flexible approach to working. Dynamic Working empowers each of us to work in a way that suits ours lives, so we can better serve our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer; whether you need study time or ‘me’ time, Dynamic Working is designed to help you balance your life.