About the roleWe now have a great opportunity for a Risk Consultant to join us here at NFU Mutual. Reporting to the Risk Manager, the main purpose of the role is to ensure effective risk management and governance within the NFU Mutual Group (the Group), by implementing, promoting and supporting the risk management strategies and framework- to highlight the risks and recommend improvements to stakeholders. Some key accountability will include:
· Collate, analyse, monitor and report management information on risks and issues to relevant business stakeholders and committees to inform business decision making and meet reporting and regulatory requirements.
· Challenge, support and advise the business on Group wide risks, loss events and near misses, to enable them to identify, manage and mitigate risk in line with Group policies and procedures, market best practice and regulatory requirements.
· Build, develop and promote internal and external relationships with business stakeholders and committees to ensure the effective delivery of the Group’s risk and business objectives and to promote the profile of the Risk Division.
· Design, plan and deliver effective communications and training for business stakeholders and committees to ensure risk knowledge, skills and governance arrangements are fit for purpose.
· Investigate, challenge and advise on the approach to risk management and highlight areas of concern with recommendations for improvement to stakeholders in line with market best practice and regulatory requirements.
· Identify, scope and deliver a programme of cross-functional thematic reviews in line with market best practice, in order to ensure risks are identified, assessed, managed and monitored to inform decision making.
· Ensure that the Group is aware of its prudential regulatory requirements through identifying relevant regulatory publications from different sources, and then interpreting and communicating these requirements to appropriate stakeholders.
What we are looking forAs our Risk Consultant, you will have excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to build and develop relationships- with an enthusiasm to learn and continuously improve. Your communication skills (both written and verbal) will be strong- and you'll have excellent organisational skills to ensure internal and external deadlines are met. You will also have or be:
· Experience of influencing different stakeholders at various levels of seniority.
· Experience of reading and digesting substantial regulatory/ industry (or similar) publications and identifying and interpreting the key elements.
· Experience of collating, analysing and reporting data in an appropriate way to different customers.
· Experience of recognising areas where process improvements can be made and implementing them.
· Experience of operational risk principles, tools and techniques and/or experience of a regulatory/ compliance environment.
· Experience in the Insurance / Financial Services industry.
What we can offerHere at NFU Mutual we pride ourselves on being “a great place to work” and have again been presented with the Gallup Great Workplace Award. Along with a supportive culture you can also look forward to some very attractive reward benefits such as:
· Salary up to £50,000 depending on experience
· Annual bonus (up to 17.5%)
· Contributory pension scheme (maximum of 12% company contribution)
· 25 days holiday plus bank holidays (additional holiday purchase scheme)
· Employee discounts
· Gym subsidy
· Health and wellbeing plan
· Discounted Insurance on all NFU Mutual Policies
About usOne of the UK’s leading general insurance and financial services companies, NFU Mutual has been meeting our customers’ needs for over 100 years. As an employee you are very important to us. We empower and inspire you to perform, offer opportunities to grow and we recognise and reward you for your contribution.At NFU Mutual we look for people like you, who have customers at the heart of what you do. You recognise that your customers’ financial lives can only benefit by having a financial plan in place that reflects their circumstances both now and in the future.