Discover, investigate, influence. Our sharp, analytical minds are relied upon to ensure that Deloitte operates safely in an increasingly complex regulatory environment. Are you up to the challenge?
We are part of a national department, operating out of both our Cardiff & London offices, and form a division of the firm’s Quality, Risk & Security (QRS) function. The main focus of our Centre of Excellence is the support to our client facing colleagues across the UK firm and Deloitte network.
Quality in all that we do is imperative to achieving our objectives and maintaining our eminence in the marketplace. With quality so fundamental to us and our clients, we have an exciting opportunity to join the Consulting Quality & Risk Management (QRM) team in Cardiff. Focused on driving and ensuring quality across our opportunity and engagement portfolio, you will provide daily operations support to the Consulting QRM team and have the opportunity to liaise across all levels of our business to help embed and shape the future quality & risk controls.
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us.
You will provide hands-on operational support in a new Cardiff-based extension of the well-established Consulting QRM team in this exciting, varied and fast-paced role.
You will work closely with team members supporting a range of activities across the engagement lifecycle including coordinating governance activities and events, handling queries from the Consulting business, management reporting, as well as ad-hoc continuous improvement initiatives. A strong working knowledge of Excel is key as is a commitment to high quality and meticulous attention to detail. The role offers great potential for learning and development.
Including, but not limited to:
• Coordinating governance activities such as Solution Review Boards, Partner Portfolio Reviews and Project Heartbeat
• Coordinating community events such as Delivery experts forums to share good practice
• Providing operational support to quality and compliance assurance activities
• Providing first line advice and guidance to Consulting staff in QRM related queries
• Production of regular management reports and dashboards
• Supporting ad-hoc process improvement initiatives and projects
• Liaising extensively with internal customers, from practitioners to partners
• Reviewing and refreshing information held on existing QRM repositories including the Consulting QRM Intranet
• Working effectively in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
You will be based in our Cardiff office.
This is a permanent full-time role, with an opportunity for flexible and agile working.
Your professional experience
Our analysts come from a wide range of backgrounds, sometimes with little or no prior experience of Professional services. What connects us is our enquiring minds and our ability to deliver a great service. We are looking for individuals with the following essential skills:
• Excellent research and analysis skills combined with good judgement and effective decision making capability
• A good level of IT user ability, including MS Excel usage, and a working knowledge of Microsoft Office software. Training time will be allowed for adaptation to in-house IT tools
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills at all levels/able to interact with people at all levels across the firm
• Attention to detail to maintain high professional standards with a focus on quality and confidentiality
• An ability to follow defined processes while thinking outside of those boundaries, making reasoned decisions and communicating them with confidence
• Ability to be flexible and multi-task. This is a dynamic role and you’ll be working on multiple, often complex, cases at the same time. Tight deadlines cannot phase you
• Ability to manage and adapt to regular changes
These additional skills would be advantageous (desirable not essential):
• Experience in a compliance/regulatory background or accounting/financial services/risk management would be advantageous
• Understanding of Anti-Money Laundering procedures
• Customer service experience and skills
Jobs you might also be interested in