I am looking for a Site Engineer to join a Tier 1 Joint Venture on a Smart Motorway Project in the Southhampton area. Highways England is improving the national motorways by making them smart motorways. Smart motorways help relieve congestion by converting the hard shoulder to a running lane. They use technology to monitor traffic flow and vary the mandatory speed limits to keep traffic moving smoothly.
We are currently looking for site engineers that have the following experience in one or multiply disciplines:
As site engineer you will be responsible for:
* Liaising with the project team to ensure safe, timely delivery of a quality product
* Planning, management and monitoring the construction of the works to an acceptable level of quality
* Under direction, preparing and implementing inspection test plans
* Liaising with others to ensure safe systems of work are prepared in a timely manner and followed, including the work of other contractors or sub-contractors
* Setting out for onsite activities and carrying out asbuilts
* Must have Piling experience either sheet or Board
* Degree, Bachelors, MSc or HND in Civil Engineering
* Knowledge and experience of Highways standards and procedures
* Experience working within a main contracting environment
* Experience setting out using a robotic total station
* CSCS qualification and SMSTS
If you feel you are a suitable candidate for the role, please don't hesitate to get in touch, as there are a number of roles with a variety of teams on this project
Alternatively, if you know someone suitable for the role, please don't hesitate to put them in touch.