ClarusONE Sourcing Services, LLP, is a joint venture partnership based in central London set up in 2016 by two US entities Walmart Stores, Inc. and McKesson Corporation to provide strategic generic pharmaceutical sourcing services for both companies.
McKesson and Walmart have more than two decades of history working together to Invest in the best talent, processes, technology and relationships to secure access to consistent and comprehensive supply of affordable medicines for patients and customers across multiple points of care.
This partnership leverages McKesson’s demonstrated strength and expertise in global pharmaceutical sourcing in conjunction with Walmart’s strength and commitment to delivering leading health and wellness services to their customers.
Job Title: Senior Manager, Contract Management
Location: London, United Kingdom
The Senior Manager, Contract Management will oversee the companies commercial contract implementation and contract compliance processes within ClarusONE, covering over 180 generics supplier agreements. The role will report to the Director, Bid Management & Sourcing Execution and will partner across the organization, including the supplier management, pricing, analytics and legal functions, as well as with the Members. The role requires strong contract management, negotiation, analytics and sourcing management experience.
• Manage all ClarusONE commercial contracting needs with suppliers to enable (i) the sourcing of generic pharmaceutical products and (ii) strategic sourcing partnership arrangements.
• Responsible for tracking and monitoring contractual changes, correspondence and risks and maintain associated documents for all supply agreements including long term award, framework agreements and statements of work.
• Ensure contracting partners remain compliant with their contractual obligations throughout the term of the agreement and issues are resolved escalating to the Commercial and Legal teams as needed. Recommend best practices and proactive solutions for all live contracts, and partner the Sourcing teams to develop contracting strategies for suppliers therein.
• Partner with data analytics, pricing and sourcing to oversee compliance to ClarusONE’s most favored nations terms
• Serve as point of reference for all adhoc queries regarding contract interpretation, supplier disputes and compliance concerns.
• Participate and support the Supplier Relationship Management, Non Retail Sourcing and New Sourcing Initiatives teams to support projects and growth initiatives as needed. Key projects to include admin fee review and injectable contracting.
• Work closely with the legal team at ClarusONE, McKesson and Walmart to ensure data governance and control is in place. Responsibility includes helping to handle data breaches.
• Manage key contracting systems (ARK) and processes (RFI’s and supplier communications) to ensure efficiency and effectiveness.
• Develop strong understanding of and build key relationships with WalMart, and McKesson distribution businesses.
• Maintain supplier relationships by serving as a single point of contact for contractual matters.
(The above responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties.)
• Bachelor’s degree or commensurate work experience in related field; US/UK business, legal and/or contracting background a plus.
• Minimum of 7 years’ business experience; experience ideally within a pharmaceutical/ healthcare company and/or contract admin/legal
• Experience in generic pharmaceutical sourcing preferred.
• Demonstrated contract negotiation skills; experience with multi-dimensional negotiations and related problem solving and stakeholder alignment is required.
• Well organised, process and team-oriented, with the ability to prioritise quickly.
• Excellent communication skills; able to work with all levels of management and internal/external customers to get results quickly – able to communicate decisions and recommendations to stakeholders in a high-pressure environment.
• Knowledge of generic pharmaceutical purchasing, sourcing, and/or related product management.
• Solid background and understanding of contract modelling software, and related data analysis, extraction and manipulation techniques.
• Highly motivated self-starter; ability to initiate and manage work with sense of urgency.
• Ability to effectively deliver “bad news” and manage conflict to successful resolution.
• Ability to perform in a fast-paced, results-driven environment that is constantly changing.
• Ability to build and maintain long term relationships.
• Strong financial and commercial acumen
• Strong proficiency in MS Office suite.