Your new role
Highways England are recruiting a Structures Engineer on a permanent basis to work from our Wakefield office. The role will provide technical expertise in the identification and development of solutions for the maintenance and management of the areas Highway structures.
NB – The role may involve working unsociable hours but we can offer flexibility in return with potential opportunities to work from home.
You will be required to drive as part of your role and you will need to have a full clean driving license to be considered for this position and during employment
What you’ll be leading on
• Development of feasibility studies for improvements and/or renewals, including the compiling and checking of relevant documents, evidence and options for value management, taking into account new techniques, materials, buildability, and costs.
• Development of structures (Bridges and other infrastructures) asset management documents such as management of substandard structures, management of post tensioned structures etc..
• Development of AIP’s, structural reviews and assessments.
• Identify, prepare briefs and support delivery of survey works that support the improvement and/or renewal of assets.
• Develop technical briefs provided to external design services contractor for improvement and renewals work.
• Design of structures renewals and maintenance schemes.
• Development of forward works programme.
• Ensure the health and safety needs and wellbeing of customers and employees are fully considered and accounted for throughout the planning and delivery of each service activity
So if you put safety first, take ownership of your work, show passion for what you do, work effectively in a team, and demonstrate integrity in how you do it – then you’ll be a great fit for our organisation
And finally we reserve the right to close before the advertised closing date