DegreeSix are looking to recruit an enthusiastic casual support worker to work within our residential homes for young people. DegreeSix specialise in the residential childcare sector and work with a majority of large and small organisations that provide children's homes across the local area. This gives candidates the opportunity to gain experience in a variety of established care settings without having to commit to a permanent role. With over 30 years combined experience within the sector, our experts can help provide opportunities whether it be securing additional hours or part time work.
Within your new role you will provide a high level of care and support that meets the needs of each individual within the setting, this includes emotional and physical support to make the children and young people feel safe and secure within their home. You will assist in all domestic duties, activity planning and the handling of medication when needed. You will also have an understanding of how trauma sustained in earlier life can lead to the challenging behaviours and the correct way of handling those situations.
To be considered for this role:
- You must be at least 21 years old when working with children.
- Hold a valid UK driving license, this is not essential but is preferred
- Have a minimum of 3 months experiences working as a support worker
- Be prepared to complete a full DBS
Working with DegreeSix you can expect to have in return:
- Flexible working hours to fit around you.
- Variety of shifts including long days and night shifts
- Competitive pay
- Full training provided free of charge
If this sounds like the role for you then apply down below and we will be in touch