Tool Room Operative
Hourly rate: £12.00 (£10 shift allowance)
Hours of Work: Monday to Thursday 14:00pm - 00:00am (Friday, Saturday & Sunday off)
Our client is the UK's leading manufacturer of MDF products with sites throughout the country - due to a period of growth they are now looking to recruit an experienced Tool Room Operative/Grinding Machinist at their site in Astley. You will ensure that all tooling is ground accurately, used in correctly balanced wheels and that all tooling required as per plan is available at the appropriate time.
- Consulting the production plan to ensure that all tooling is produced on time for all of the lines.
- Ensure that all tooling is ground and maintained to the highest possible standards, utilizing best practice and all appropriate equipment provided.
- Ensure that adequate stocks of tooling tips, serrated knives, grinding wheels, coolant, template material, template cutters, cleaning fluid and ancillary components for the Rondomat 960 grinder are managed, ordering replacements when necessary.
- Day to day management of the diamond tooling servicing system.
- Day to day management of the company's calibration system.
- Ensure that all drawings requested via e-mail from the sales department are made available within 24 hours, as per commitments. All drawings to be saved in the appropriate folders on the computer system, for easy access.
- Provide cover for other functions during break and holiday times.
- Take all reasonable steps to reduce the levels of carbon emission by ensuring that all aspects of energy usage are formally controlled.
Discretionary bonus, health cash-plan, employee assistance programme, life cover, cycle-scheme, funded social events, subsidised uniform, pension, discounted shopping site and discounted gym membership.
Please submit your CV to apply.