What will you be doing?
• Be a lead technical resource in support of change initiatives impacting Transaction Monitoring, providing input and guidance
• Embedding the understanding of new processes and policies to include launch support and onward implementation support, coaching and documentation
• Understand the AML policy to collect and analyse AML information that has been provided by Clients or sourced from the public domain
• Providing End to End dedicated and robust specialist TM expertise throughout the investigation process and acting as a technician in all aspects of process and policy for TM
• Using problem solving and team working skills to resolve complex, high-priority cases, while ensuring the Bank’s regulatory requirements are always met
• Working closely with colleagues and stakeholders to help TM Leadership in delivering an outstanding performance across the team
• Supporting and advising the operation on all matters relating to robust TM Investigations, enhancing and developing their knowledge base
• Assisting QA and Training in delivering the route to competency for all TM teams and provide detailed and robust feedback on an individual case basis
What we’re looking for:
• Be a subject matter expert in AML Transactional Monitoring and have a knowledge of Financial Crime regulations and policies (AML, Sanctions, and Anti-Bribery and Corruption)
• Excellent communication skills: ability to interact professionally with Clients and internal stakeholders at face-to-face meetings or via phone or email
• Time management skills: ability to manage workloads effectively to complete complex and high-priority tasks within target timescales
• Analysis & Judgement: ability undertake TM analysis with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Knowledge and experience of working with offshore teams
• Formal AML/ Financial Crime qualification (certificate or diploma)
• Training/ coaching experience
• Knowledge of the banking products, roles and business activities – with an understanding of how these relate to the TM Team’s role and business activities
Where will you be working?
We’ve been in Scotland for 250 years, and our significance has never been as important as it is today. You can find Princes House in West Campbell Street, a short walk from both Central and Queen Street Stations, and not far from Sauchiehall Street and Argyll Street, two of the city’s main shopping hubs. We’re committed to giving everyone the opportunity to thrive at Barclays, investing in our people, communities, and facilities – highlighted by our new state-of-the-art campus opening soon in the city centre.
More about working at Barclays
We deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability, for the common good and the long term.
Respect: We harness the power of diversity and inclusion in our business, trust those we work with, and value everyone's contribution.
Integrity: We operate with honesty, transparency and fairness in all we do.
Service: We act with empathy and humility, putting the people and businesses we serve at the centre of what we do.
Excellence: We champion innovation, and use our energy, expertise and resources to make a positive difference.
Stewardship: We prize sustainability, and are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.
Barclays offers a diverse, inclusive and engaged culture. A place where people can bring their whole selves to work and be respected for who they are, valued for what they do and celebrated for their contribution to our business and our community.
We are an equal opportunity employer and opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Dynamic Working is a flexible approach to working. Dynamic Working empowers each of us to work in a way that suits ours lives, so we can better serve our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer; whether you need study time or ‘me’ time, Dynamic Working is designed to help you balance your life.