Zen has exciting and ambitious growth plans for the next 3-5 years underpinned by the retention and growth of our existing base and expanding into new business areas.
The post holder will be a key member of the Zen retail marketing team, where you will be responsible for the website, content, optimisation and ensuring that our online shop window presents Zen in the best way possible.
You will take pride in generating fresh content, testing new formats, working with developers to drive change and ultimately help us to achieve our online growth plans working alongside the wider marketing team.
This is a collaborative role and the ideal candidate must be comfortable working with a degree of autonomy.
They will have inter-personal skills and be comfortable working closely with representatives from across the business, taking responsibility for the timely development and delivery of content whilst ensuring our marketing presence is consistent, fresh and meets the needs of Zen, its customers and suppliers.
You’ll also work with external partners on collaborative marketing, providing content, managing execution, monitoring and ROI. It’s an excellent opportunity for someone who has excellent online, CMS and digital experience to help us achieve our ambitious growth plans.
• Manage the continued optimisation and content changes on the website
• Ownership in all content and design across the front-end website, ensuring all content is relevant, accurate and up to date
• Develop our CRO strategy to continually optimise the website across both residential and small business
• Work alongside the wider marketing team to brief in website creative requirements to stay on brand, and aligned with the marketing campaign plans
• Use Photoshop skills to edit and adjust artwork to suit the website platform
• Manage SEO to ensure our website is technically optimised and our outreach strategy delivers an increased domain authority for our site.
• Implement fresh new content for the content hub on the website that improves our SEO and supports wider marketing initiatives working alongside the wider marketing function
• Work with wider marketing stakeholders to maximise the content opportunities on the website across other marketing channels (newsletters, social media etc)
• Drive, manage and implement a website improvement program whereby the structure and content is being changed to allow for greater customer focus of the site, in line with web analytics
• Work part of the website forum, liaising closely with our website developers, to drive improvements to the website that supports our ambitious website goals and objectives
• Ensure all online communications comply with best industry standards and coding protocols and work closely with Legal and Compliance to ensure accuracy
• Manage the set up and effective use of Google Analytics, ensuring all team members have the reports they need for their work.
• Use analysis tools such as Google Analytics, Screaming Frog, Hotjar, SEMRush to review, make recommendations and implement improvements
• Report on the website performance and support campaign analysis relating activity back to revenue conversions and sales leads
• Track all website and sales performance KPI data and create detailed monthly reports and verbal presentations to stakeholders where required
• Adjust content and campaign plans as needed in response to collected data and revenue opportunities
Skills & experience
• Bachelor degree in Marketing, Qualified chartered marketer or similar
• Confident with CMS essential, Sitefinity advantageous
• Enthusiastic about the Internet, content, e-commerce and data driven decisions
• Proven experience developing and implementing a conversion rate optimisation plan
• Experience using Google Analytics, SEM Rush, Hotjar, Screaming frog or similar
• Photoshop skills admirable
• Project management, multi-tasking and decision-making skills
• Metrics-driven marketing mind-set
• GDPR trained
• Adaptable and quick to learn
• Experience with Salesforce but not essential
• Social media experience advantageous but not essential
• Innovative - the ability to approach things differently or do different things to deliver goals.
• Fun, sense of humour and creative flair
Our people are great, so we believe they deserve great things… as a Zen employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package.
- Private Medical Healthcare
- Pension Scheme
- 25 days Annual Leave (with option to buy/sell 5 days) rising to 30 days with length of service
- Life Assurance
- Free Broadband
- 6 month reviews
- Travel Loan and Ride2Work Schemes (when not home working)
- Subsidised Onsite Nursery
- Subsidised Onsite Restaurant
- Onsite Contemplation and Prayer room
We’re building an inclusive work environment
At Zen we’re actively building diverse teams and welcome application from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We aim to build an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and we want everyone to feel empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work.